
The blurb on the jacket of this ARC promised that Harlan Coben's Hold Tight would "redefine the thriller." It didn't deliver. Due to release on April 15. Maybe it would be better in the afterglow of tax preparation. The primary storyline is fine -- a troubled teenager goes missing, and his parent's efforts to track his movements online and via the GPS enabled cellphone, make for harrowing reading, but an unnecessary side story involving a family's quest to find an organ donor for their son was pointless and a distraction. Still, Coben's thrillers are fun to read -- this one just wasn't strung as tautly as I've come to expect.
2 comments:
I like Coben. He's one of those authors that I know whatever book I pick up of his, I will enjoy, but not necessarily be wowed. However, I think that's a pretty good reputation to have. :)
Can you believe I still haven't read The Woods yet? I'm waiting for the paperback. Will probably wait for the paperback on this one too. Coben I buy rather than get from the library since both The Hubster and I read them.
Post a Comment